Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Take 2

I ran across two new artists in the past two days that I feel deserve some recognition. The first artist is 22 year old, Josh Xantus. At first glance, he reminds you of Big Mike from Day 26. He has a sort of "thug" look about him but it's clear he's really a teddy bear. As soon as you hear the first note, you immediately fall in love. I can't quite put my finger on who he sounds like, which is a good thing because it means it's something unique. His video "First Time" premiered on 106th and Park yesterday and the song is beautiful. He has a few other songs on his Youtube page which are also nice. His debut album is called "Can I Live." Make sure to look out for him.








The second artist is Barbados native Hal Linton. He is signed to Universal Motown and is a very soulful singer. He reminds me of a new-age Maxwell mixed with a little Al Green and a hint of Prince.. His song "Lock My Heart Down" has a sort of 70s feel to it while some of his other music "Abandoned Heart" and "Press Play" give him the chance to really showcase his vocal ability over a slower track. Make sure to check out Hal Linton's Myspace Page I'm anxious to hear what the album sounds like when it drops. It will definitely be one to take a listen to. Make sure to be on the lookout for these two in the future. They're sure to do somethin big.

No comments:

Post a Comment