Monday, May 3, 2010

Greatness Opens Doors

Sorry for the break, but I told you guys, I only bother writing when I hear something worth talking about. Soooo on today’s menu we have the HIGHLY anticipated second mixtape from another great Chicago artist, Mr. G.o.D Jewels himself: Greatness Opens Doors. Word of warning: the tape is DOPE! I really like the direction he took this time around. I liked the last mixtape Glory or Death he released summer of '09, but this definitely is “greatness”. Every beat on the tape is catchy, I found myself nodding my head along with every one. Producers include, but are not limited to: Flu, Plan, TIME, The Baron Boys, Hero George, etc. Chicago rapper The Boy Illinois, singer Jelisa Nicole and commentary on Under the Act by Tommy Mitchell are all featured on Greatness Opens Doors. Topics on the tape include songs ranging from racism; the track entitled R.A.C.E (Respect All Colors & Ethnicities)...very creative acronym by the way, to growing up in the city of Chicago in All Things ‘Go and even he even tells us about the people who don’t show love until after he’s made it in Keep Us Runnin’ and The Cusp. You all need to know my favorites right?! Louboutin Blues is one of my favorites(love the Jay Z sample), The Frozen Moment although it’s only an interlude, it goes awfully hard. I also like Make It Look Good ft The Boy Illinois. I like how Billy takes the third verse instead of them going with the ever so popular “sandwich effect” (main artist, feature, main artist). But my favorite song is definitely All Things ‘Go. The song is uber dope and extremely catchy. Not to mention the video is one of the best I’ve seen in 2010 thus far.



I know Jewels personally and must say, I am very impressed and very much proud of him. This tape really encompasses him as an artist and I like that he can get his point across and still be so articulate while doing so. He is a very, very talented artist and it won’t be long at all until you see him on one of those mainstream music channels(even if they don’t really play music anymore) Don’t wait to hop on the bandwagon months down the line. Download the tape now. Watch the video now and SUPPORT GOOD MUSIC!!!!

Check out more from G.o.D Jewels

Download "Greatness Opens Doors"

01. Open The Door (Prod. By Flu)
02. All Things 'Go (Prod. By Plan)
03. Old Folks (Prod. By Flu)
04. Keeps You Running (Prod. By TIME)
05. The Frozen Moment Interlude (Prod. By TIME)
06. The Cusp Ft. Jelisa Nicole (Prod. By E&J)
07. Jesus Piece (Prod. By TIME)
08. Aqua Flow (Courant D'eau Turquoise) (Prod. By Plan x TIME)
09. Make It Look Good Ft. The Boy Illinois (Prod. By E&J x Ms. Polka Dot)
10. R.A.C.E. (Respect All Colors & Ethnicities) (Prod. By Mez One)
11. Under The Act Ft. Tommy Mitchell (Prod. By Hero George)
12. Louboutin Blues (Prod. By The Baron Boys)
13. Perfect Man (Prod. By Flu)
14. Close The Door Ft. Jelisa Nicole (Prod. By E&J x The Baron Boys)

2 comments: