Monday, March 1, 2010

Mixtape Monday

Good day my lovely people.
I come bearing great news today...Mateo has dropped his third mixtape today which I am completely overjoyed about because I didn't have to wait long at all!!! I have to say I love the mixtape. I was very happy in the song choices he made to redo. My favorite, of course, Empire State of Mind, but I'm extremely happy that he also reworked Lady Gaga's "Bad Romance"(for personal reasons I will not get into) and I also loved the rendition of Drake's "Forever". His rearrangements of all of the pieces were beyond creative and of course beautiful. The other two songs, "Doubt" and "Reign of Love/Paris" were also very beautiful. All in all, I was definitely impressed. My only complaint is that I wished the songs were longer only because I can't get enough of that voice. But you can download Underneath the Sky Chapter 3 here. DEEEWWWWWW IIITTTTTT NOOOOWWWWW!!!!



Also worth mentioning is the release of LouBlood: The Album from Chicago rapper Louchiano. I had been hearing a lot of buzz about the album via Twitter and the fact that Lou and I have many mutual friends, so I was completely anticipating this album. From reading his tweets, and from what I know about him, Lou is a very dedicated and hard working man. He has put in so much time and effort into this album and so I couldn't wait until it dropped(Feb 27) so I could check out what he had to offer. I hadn't previously heard any of Lou's music so I was looking to LouBlood to be my introduction to Louchiano.

I listened all the way through the tape and I must say, Lou is a great rapper but for some reason I didn't really start really getting into the tape until the latter of the album. It has a very...mellow I guess would be a good word to use, feel to it, which I figured is due to the vampire/dark theme the album has. If this was the effect he was going for, then he certainly achieved that. It's clear that Lou has a lot to say and a lot of potential. Personally, if he wasn't so lyrical and if I didn't know better, he could almost pass for a down south rapper. He has almost a southern twang to his voice and the beats/production on the album paired well with that. All in all, the album is solid.
After hearing it, I was interested in hearing more from him so I visited his Myspace page. There, I found more music(duh), but he had some freestyles on his page, and I love hearing freestyles because to me it proves the type of artist you are and shows your true ability. But I listened and I liked what I heard. So go check that out. Also, download LouBlood asap. Lou also has a really informative and awesome(for lack of a better word, which I'm sure there are plenty) blog in which he keeps you in the know about a lot of quality music and entertainment. Check it out.
But definitely make sure you show him some love and download the album if nothing else. Support our unsigned talent.

No comments:

Post a Comment