Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Catch Up


ALLLLLLRIIIIGGGGHHHHTTT!!! SO, today Chris Brown released his 3rd studio album, "Graffiti" Although Rolling Stone gave it a bad review, I think it's decent. Is it as good as I expected it to be? No, but I think it's a pretty solid album for his comeback. Some of my favs off the album are of course, I Can Trasform Ya ft. Swizz Beats and Lil Wayne, What I Do, Lucky Me, So Cold, and Crawl(my top song!)

I support Chris and I would advise anyone who does the same to go out and support him by BUYING his album. He messed up, he admitted to it, served(ing) his time for it and is sincerely apologetic about it. The fact that he has messed up does not take away from the fact that he is an extremely talented artist and is still young, therefore has a ton of potential left to grow. Don't allow his mistakes to overshadow his talent. I'm sure he's learned his lesson and is indeed, a "changed man" (pun intended)




Next on the list, is Mr. Timbaland. He has also dropped his album Shock Value today. I've heard a lot of people say that they didn't like the album, but of course, I'm not everybody so of course I enjoyed it! It's different, I think that's what I like about it. I thought I would be hearing more from Timbaland but it's more so a smörgåsbord of artists. Features from Keri Hilson and Drake to Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry. It's like he took all of the artists he was interested in and gave them a beat and put it on his album, but I like it for that reason. The features make the album and very interesting and diverse one. I haven't really paid too much attention to Timb since his earlier days but I dig Shock Value
Of course I have to tell you some of my favs: Lose Control ft. JoJo, Say Something ft. Drake, Tomorrow In The Bottle ft. Chad Kroeger & Sebastian, Undertow ft. The Fray & Esthero, Timothy Where You Been ft. Jet
I would give a link to go and download the album, but it's the day of release so I won't do it. Go sample it on youtube and if you like it, go grab it.


Also released today is Clipse's "Til the Casket Drops" I can say I've been a Clipse fan...well maybe "fan" is not the right word. I've always enjoyed their music, but I can say I've never heard much from them besides the singles and features they've had. BUT I was hearing so much buzz about this album via Twitter that I had no choice but to check it out. Now I am not really a fan of rap, but I CAN be if the message, beat and delivery are all solid. And I can honestly say this Clipse album meets my checklist. I was pleasantly surprised. I would definitely recommend picking this album up. It's such a complete piece. Not to mention, I felt extremely relaxed while I was listening to it, but that's neither here nor there.
"Champion" is definitely my favorite track off the album, but Freedom, Door Man, Life Change, Footsteps and of course I'm Good. I pretty much just named every song on the album so that should tell you it's a little more than decent. It will definitely be on heavy rotation over here. Make sure you grab that


Stay tuned, I think I'm going to start doing my posts how I did today and profile the albums released on the days I post. Keep checkin' back. I'm tryin' to stay on top of it yall!! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment