Thursday, December 10, 2009

Late, but worth the mention


So awhile back, my friend put me on this artist by the name of J. Cole. She had mentioned him before and went on and on about how good he was and how she feels he is the next Drake. A few weeks later, I finally decided to check him out. I must admit, I was pretty darn impressed and found myself with one of his songs [Dreams ft. Brandon Hines] in constant rotation. I'm not sure if I can say he's the next Drake, or even if that's a correct comparison to make seeing that as of late(since he joined Young Money) Drake is becoming rather ordinary. I'm no longer seeing much of the lyricism I once respected him for. He, like many of the artists under Wayne are becoming too parrot-like in their delivery; metaphors every other bar just like Wayne. ANYHOO, I would put J. Cole in a seperate categorty. I like his flow and his delivery and he's pretty lyrical, and with that, he got my attention. I'm interested to see mor work from him and an album(not a mixtape) possibly. He has potential to do big things I just hope he gets there. I'll include a link so you can go download his mixtape "The Warm Up" and a link so you can check out his feature on Wale's Beautiful Bliss, which is one of the best features I've heard in a while. Anyway, keep your ears to the street fo J. Cole. He's doing his thing and personally, I think he can only go upward from here.

Download J. Cole's "The Warm Up" mixtape

Download Wale-Beautiful Bliss ft. J. Cole & Melanie Fiona

No comments:

Post a Comment